Tuesday, October 10, 2017

* Psalm 60


O God, THOU hast cast us off,  THOU hast scattered us, THOU hast been displeased;

O turn THYSELF to us again. 

THOU hast made the earth to tremble;  THOU hast broken it: heal the breaches thereof; for it shaketh. THOU hast shewed THY people hard things: THOU hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment.
 

THOU hast given a banner to them that fear THEE,  that it may be displayed because of the truth.
 

That THY beloved may be delivered; save with THY right hand, and hear me.
 

God hath spoken in HIS holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth. Gilead is MINE, and Manasseh is MINE; Ephraim also is the strength of MINE head; Judah is MY lawgiver; Moab is MY washpot; over Edom will I cast out MY shoe: Philistia, triumph thou because of ME.

Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom?

Wilt not THOU, O God, which hadst cast us off? and THOU, O God, which didst not go out with our armies?
 

Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly: for HE it is that shall tread down our enemies. 






Table of Content

*****