Monday, May 1, 2017

Faith Building Moments From The Old Testament


Preface


No friends?  Alone?  Trying to be friends with people who grieve you?  Even with church people who grieve you?  Thinking of disobedient children and relatives and mates?

To have joy, stop and turn to the great men and women of faith in the Bible and fellowship with them at night.   Rejoice in them.  Let them be your friend.



*****


One time God said to me:  "There is a secret to endurance ... I will show you."

We live today in an exceedingly perilous time, as Paul said we would.  (II Tim. 3)

Churches have changed many scriptures, eliminating portions of scripture, and have completely omitted some scriptures.  The scriptures were the restraint against antichrist.  By removal of portions of scripture the door opened for antichrist to move into the church group and the apostasy could begin in the church.  Paul said this apostasy must happen before Jesus could return.

II Thess. 2 ... NASB ... Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (the day of the LORD) will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed

The restraint was the scripture.  When portions of scripture were removed from the church, lawlessness moved into the churches ... thus the apostasy in the churches.



*****


I have tried to find a church to attend since 1982, but because of twisting of scripture and eliminating of portions of scripture and adding to scripture by pastors, it has not been possible to find a church group. 

I have met with a handful of people, often one person ... but Jesus said where two or three are gathered together in MY name there am I in the midst of them, so I have found this works, although there is a longing in my heart to be able to attend what we call "the church" today.

At one point, in the 1990's, my attention was drawn to Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and I saw just to visit with these men and others in the Bible when I am at home alone at night.

It worked.

Recently this same thing was called to my attention, so I returned again to these wonderful men of faith, visiting with them as my friends! 

If you are sad because of words from unbelieving mates, unbelieving children, unbelieving Christian friends, and such ... visit with those great men and women we present in this book ... starting with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

I guarantee you will not be grieved by them but you will be joyful again as you live on this present earth.

Joan Boney