Tuesday, October 10, 2017

* Psalm 51


Have mercy upon me, O God, according to THY lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of THY tender mercies blot out my transgressions.


Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Against THEE, THEE only, have I sinned, and done this evil in THY sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Behold, THOU desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part THOU shalt make me to know wisdom.

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.


Make me to hear joy and gladness
; that the bones which THOU hast broken may rejoice.


Hide THY face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from THY presence; and take not THY HOLY SPIRIT from me.

Restore unto me the joy of THY salvation; and uphold me with THY free spirit.

Then will I teach transgressors THY ways; and sinners shall be converted unto THEE.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, THOU God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of THY righteousness.

O Lord, open THOU my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth THY praise.

For THOU desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: THOU delightest not in burnt offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, THOU wilt not despise.

Do good in THY good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. Then shalt THOU be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon THINE altar.




Table of Content

*****